Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Adventures in Vegas




Eman and I went to vegas over the weekend to celebrate our first anniversary. It was a much-needed break for the both of us and we had a great time walking around the beautifully decorated casinos and eating to our hearts’ content! We also finally started our xmas shopping, which was a relief coz I hate having to do it all last minute. The highlight of our trip was a late dinner on the outdoor terrace [heated of course!] of Mon Ami Gabi [the French restaurant in the Paris Hotel & Casino]. We lingered over our dinner long enough to watch the water show across the street at Bellagio 4 times, and each time the music and water sequences were different! Sitting there…with the aroma of delicious food, the soft shimmer of lit trees and buildings surrounding us, the soothing melody of Con Te Partiro in our ears and the awesome acrobatics of water piercing the night sky…it was a night I won’t soon forget.

Another thing I won’t soon forget is my gambling faux pas. I’m not a gambler, mind you, and I haven’t touched a slot machine in years. So imagine my bewilderment when three big red apple symbols lined up perfectly in the machine in front of me…and nothing happened. I kept waiting, staring at it, wondering if I was supposed to push a button or pull another lever or something to claim my jackpot of $1000. A hundred thoughts entered my mind all at once…”Ohmygawed I won! Didn’t I? Oh no, did I break it? Where’s the money? Oh no I broke it! Will I have to pay for it? How much do slot machines cost? Should I run? Or move over to another machine? Am I being watched right now? Where’s the money???” I looked up at the top of the machine and once again reviewed the illustrated scale. “Okey, let’s see…three coins with the big red apples get me the jackpot and two coins with the big red apples get me $750 and one coin with the big red apples get me…NOTHING.”

I sat there for a little while longer…just staring at the big red apples and the money that would have been mine had I JUST BET ONE MORE DOLLAR!!! >=| I was so close! So close! Oh the agony…

When eman got back and I told him what I had done, he just laughed. Seeing him laugh made me realize how retarded I was being…after all, I didn’t go to Vegas to win money…I went to get away and celebrate our one year and have a good time…and I was! Even though I missed out on the jackpot, I was having fun so I decided it didn’t matter and just kept enjoying my evening. But when I went to sleep that nite I dreamt that I won the jackpot afterall. =)

1 comment:

wumanjoo said...

heehee...glad you had a wonderful 1st anniversary celebration. great slot machine story! =)