Wednesday, October 07, 2009

lucy

my friend is writing a book, and there's a character in the book based on me. the character's name is lucy, and basically, she IS me. i read the draft of the chapter where her character is introduced, and i have to say, if i were your typical christian woman reading that chapter, she would be my LEAST favorite character. lucy has issues with authority. she's also a bit on the skeptical/cynical side, and she's hella sarcastic when it comes to christian culture. she's kind of a...how do i put this delicately...bitch. i couldn't help but wonder what that says about me in real life. hopefully i'm not overtly bitchy all the time, but that WOULD explain a lot. [hahaha...joo, if you're reading this, i'm thinking of how we first met. =)] anyway...it was quite an amusing read. luckily, the author is a skillful writer, so the way he incorporates lucy into the story takes some of her edge off. =)

5 comments:

Brian said...

This "writer" you speak of sounds like a very wonderful person.

Unknown said...

not really, but he tries. and you know, that's half the battle right there. plus he smells like a girl. ;-P

Unknown said...

aw thanks debbi! =)

wumanjoo said...

Oh, man. I can't believe I'm just reading this post now. I wanna read this book! LOL, yes, Hannah. I did think you were a bitch, but that was before I got to know the sensitive and lovable person underneath it all. :-) I LOVE YOU! I can't wait to see you in December!!

Unknown said...

me too! =D