Thursday, March 24, 2005

mary vs. martha

I’ve always been more of a Martha than a Mary, and I often wonder why. If I could change into a Mary at the drop of a hat, I would. I often ask myself why I’m such a Martha: is it because I want to martyr myself? Is it because I want some kind of recognition or applause? Is it because I think working is more valuable to God than enjoying? Maybe it’s because I’ve always felt that love and loyalty is something I need to earn…something I can only receive if I prove that I’m deserving of it…something people will only give if they feel I’m worthy of it.

5 comments:

wumanjoo said...

my dearest, i don't just feel it; i know it. you are worthy of love and loyalty. you are God's treasure, and He delights in you. and so do i!!! let's chill like mary...i'm talking to myself too.

Hannah Jung said...

i'd love to chill...my problem is i don't know how. =\ isn't that sad & strange? how does one chill?

wumanjoo said...

give up control...

and be happy and content just to be in God's presence...

Hannah Jung said...

yes, but to do that one must trust in God, and trusting Him is something i struggle with. i wonder when my struggle with it will be over...or am i destined to struggle with it my whole life?

Anonymous said...

Continue to struggle, yet continually log your progress. Rejoice in how God _is_ working in you and stop trying to catch a glimpse of the end result. Celebrate each bit of control and trust that you give to God (for the entire host of Heaven does.)

III