Monday, September 06, 2010

Love Ensenada

This Labor Day wkend hubby and I were able to revisit Ensenada with Mosaic. We were last there in 04, a few months before our wedding. That trip was my first missions trip, and it was hard. This trip was hard as well, but not to the degree that that first trip was. I really enjoyed Ensenada this time. While hubby was seeing patients in the rural hill country around Ensenada, I had the opportunity to play with the kids of the patients. I was part of the team that did arts/crafts for the children, so I got to face-paint and "tattoo" them [don't worry, we used paint] all day with my broken Spanish. The kids were precious as usual, so full of joy to be able to play with all the supplies we had, and SO happy with their body art! Most of them came back for more tatts! =D During the "breaks" I took my lil' camera and shot some photos...of the kids, of the adult patients, of the different teams serving, of the surrounding communities...and as much as I was aware of the poverty around us, poverty that very few people in the U.S. will ever experience...I was even more aware of being surrounded by beauty.

1 comment:

wumanjoo said...

If this were FB, I would like this entry 100 times!